- 400 kW PEM Module specifically for heavy duty marine application.
- Dynamic response time like a large diesel engine.
- Modular design, enabling system configuration in megawatt scale.
- Based on 20 years of Fuel Cell development experience by AVL.
Maritime industry drastically needs to cut emissions, to comply with further global goals. Marine shipping is well-known to be a significant source of greenhouse gas and particulate emissions. IMO has an ambitious target of reducing carbon emissions by 40% by 2030 and 70% by 2050, according to 2008 values. In addition, GHG reduced by at least 50% by 2050. Hydrogen will be essential to support the decarbonization and emission reduction of the maritime industry. Hydrogen Fuel Cell is today the most efficient way to store energy as a synthetic fuel and to produce electrical energy. TECO 2030 are offering a specifically designed modular fuel cell system for heavy duty marine applications.
- Solves the trade-off challenge between power density and durability.
- Multiple stack designs secures reliable and redundant performance.
- Strict safety protocols based on experience from automotive industry and classification society.
- Compact system size (less than 2/3 of a comparable diesel genset), which simplifies retrofitting.
- Modular system design gives new flexibility to newbuild vessels.
- Provides true zero emission energy to the vessel.
- Advanced fuel conditioning system, enabling operations on compressed and liquid H2, ammonia, methanol and other H2 based carriers.
- Attractive cost-of-ownership performance.
Our collaboration with AVL enables us to provide hydrogen fuel cell solutions to the maritime industry. AVL is a forerunner in hydrogen application development:
- Over 20 years of research and development experience in the field of Fuel Cell.
- More than 150 patents in the field of fuel cells.
- Advanced simulation technologies and industry leading facilities for fuel cell testing.